Swagbucks

Search & Win

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Great quick and easy (and cheap) recipe for chicken

Foodland has boneless skinless breasts on sale this week for $1.98 per pound.  One of my favorite recipes is to place 1 to 2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts in a crockpot along with 2 tablespoons of butter and a dry packet of Italian salad dressing.  I cook this on low during the day and set out an 8 ounce package of cream cheese to soften.  When I get home from work, I stir in the cream cheese and a can of cream of chicken soup.   It takes about 20-30 minutes for the cream cheese to melt into a nice sauce.  While the sauce is making, I prepare a bag of egg noodles and I steam a bag of frozen peas.  Pour the chicken and the peas over the noodles for a quick, healthy, cheap, and delicious meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment